Book News and New Book Reviews

Just a sampling of our new materials (right side)!

Monday, October 27, 2014

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook Keeps Nook Family Up to Date

galaxytab4nook
Posted  by   for the Overdrive Blog.
I’m sitting here at my desk, and the Samsung Galaxy Tab® 4 Nook® is dropped into my lap. I cast my mind back to recent history and remember that Barnes & Noble left the tablet game, looking to find another way to have Nook tablets distributed. Enter Samsung, and the new Galaxy Nook.
To break it down simply, it appears that Barnes & Noble approached Samsung, who repurposed the Galaxy Tab 4 – the Galaxy Tab closest in scale to the average book – and gave us the future of the Nook tablet. At the heart of the device, it’s still an Android tablet – running the most current version of the operating system. I’m not going to spend any time going over the specs with you, because you can see them for yourself here. What I want to talk about is how Samsung has improved upon the idea of the Nook Tablet.