Book News and New Book Reviews

Just a sampling of our new materials (right side)!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My ideal bookshelf

View full imageThis is a charming and whimsical look at the favorite books of a wide selection from today's creative community. Editor La Force contacted and interviewed notables from the worlds of food (Alice Waters, Mark Bittman), music (Patti Smith), books (Junot Diaz, Mary Karr, Malcolm Gladwell), movies (Judd Apatow, Mira Nair), and fashion (Kate and Laura Mulleavy of Rodarte), among others, and each sent a list of their favorite books along with their thoughts on what their shelves revealed. For some, their reading is often focused on their work, but for others, like Rosanne Cash, "I was one of those kids who asked my mom to drop me at the library on Saturdays. That was where I spent my weekends." These intimate glimpses are accompanied by Mount's painted representations of each contributor's bookshelves. VERDICT This book will be a pleasure for anyone who loves books, reading, and memoirs as it is both a quick peek into the reading lives of others and a source of new reading ideas. --Library Journal.    (Get the Book)